Since Twitter came onto the scene it’s proved itself to be a great marketing tool. It’s a powerhouse for starting conversations and effectively creating a band of loyal followers. The commitment of followers like that can sky rocket the success of your clothing line.
I recently read a brilliant book by Joel Comm called ‘Twitter Power 2.0′ and I totally recommend you guys pick up a copy. The author goes into a whole lot of information on making the most of Twitter and strengthening your online relationships – but the best part is there’s a 30-day step by step guide at the back to increasing your followers. I haven’t followed it yet, but do indeed to use it soon myself.
Anyway, I just wanted to give you a run down of the ’7 Tips to Increasing Followers’ that he highlights in the book:
1. Add people you already know – this one kind of speaks for itself, but basically do a search for your contacts and add all the people you find who have accounts.
2. Add your Tweets to your blog or website - This means getting a badge and putting it on your page so your Twitter feed shows up for your visitors to see.
3. Give away freebies - The more you give, the more you get in return and by offering competitions, give-aways and freebies you can keep your followers interested in your Tweets. If you do this frequently, you’ll find your followers eagerly awaiting your next Tweet.
4. Respond to people - People are only going to want to follow you if they think you have something worth reading – not just product shout outs. So become a community member. This means replying to people when they mention you, answering any questions you can and offering advice on your topic of expertise.
5. Link all of your social media pages - Twitter is powerful on it’s own, but far more powerful when used in conjunction with your other pages. Link your Tweets to your Myspace and your Facebook to gain access to a whole new pool of potential followers.
6. Add your Twitter name to your signatures - Your email signature is a powerful tool. Adding your Twitter and Facebook address to yours makes it super easy for people to find and follow you.
7. Include exclusive discount codes - One very cool way to gain more Twitter followers is to offer exclusive discount codes for your online shop through your Tweets. This can also encourage people who follow your other social pages to jump on your Twitter too.
I hope this gives you some simple ideas of things you could do to gain some more followers – in the meantime, you should definitely check out the book for some more detailed ideas.
* Twitter Power 2.0 by Joel Comm